Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beauty touches everyone...



Poison 18 from oradea , Romania

hehehe...well i`m glad that you pick me for you`re project..and a good question...yes i think everything is beutiful in a way...it`s up to you to found out and descover the beautiful part...


Alex 25 From Torino Italy.

hi ChristoS, I'm very fine and I hope the same for you... what do you do in the life? i'm an architect.
Art and beauty are arguments in which I am very interested and I'd be happy to take part to your project. I tryed to answer to your question, even if my english is very poor, if you want to use my words somewhere I ask you to correct my english errors!...Thanx:
Can anything be beautiful? Can anything be art? The answer should be the same for both art and beauty, but today's art has included many things that are shocking but not beautiful, so not art; that degeneration has started probably with dadaism; but there was a reason for dadaists to be shocking: they were trying to upset the bourgeois value system that, according to them, was the original cause of first world war. We are in the consumistic-edonistic epoch where even the television spots -made for economic pourposes therefore in comlete agreement with society rules- are transgressive, but nobody gets shocked because we are used to every kind of oddity. So I think that today we need to give back a real, rational meaning to both art and beauty, and we can deduct it from classic art: Fidia, Socrate, Michelangelo, Rousseau, Picasso, Carmelo Bene, and many others that thought that art is beauty, art is cultivation, beauty is proportion, proportion is science, science is truth, truth is freedom and art is freedom.
If I'm walking in the street and I see something impressing, the impression has more to do with me that with the thing itself, with my emotions, if I'm happy or sad, so I think we can not define anything as art, even if a piece of art can be made with any kind of material or substance...we need to introduce the concept of proportion.

take care!
alessandro pepe

No comments: